Follow Respaced Portland on FacebookRespaced on Twitter

Closet-turned-craft space: Love it or hate it?

by respaced on November 18, 2011

Although I could do without the flowers on the drawers or the preponderance of pink, I love how this craft closet is arranged overall. Especially brilliant is the use of pegboard with hooks to hang tools on the inside of the door. It looks much nicer than hanging one of those clear shoe organizers to hold all of those supplies.

What do you like or dislike about this craft space? Let us all know in the comments below!

Image courtesy of decorology.blogspot.com.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Slackerjo November 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Love it, love it, love it. LOVE IT!

respaced November 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Coming in loud and clear! There’s lot to love in this pic, isn’t there? Especially how they have made use of every last square inch of space. Thanks for the comment!

Jasmine November 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Once I look past the flowers and pink, I can say this is a truly inspiring set-up. My home office/study is in an extra bedroom, and the closet is currently a stockpile of stuff my sister and I don’t want to keep in our own closets. Instead, with some decluttering and organization, we can make this closet useful for our ample craft supplies. The pegboard in particular seems like a good place to start.

respaced November 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Yes, I agree with you Jasmine, the pegboard really takes the closet from functional to brilliant. It’s such an inexpensive change that makes such a big difference. Please send me your before and after pics if you decide to overhaul your closet — I always love to see what my readers are up to! Thanks for commenting!

Emily @ Make It Happen Mama November 22, 2011 at 12:47 am

I would love this with an integrated work surface/seat incorporated. So you literally can just work from the closet and when you’re done, just put back the seat and close the door and everything stays organized within. Just my 2 cents 🙂

respaced November 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Emily, I think you’re on to something! A self-contained craft space rather than craft closet would take this idea from interesting to amazing. Thanks for the comment!