Have some old linens laying around? Does your house need a little something new and fresh? Put on your thrifty-yet-creative hat and turn those old linens into a new look! Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Cut them up into strips and make a rag rug.
- Recover your ironing board.
- Make a headboard using the sheet as the decorative fabric or recover an existing one.
- Cut out small rectangular sections and sew panels into your dishtowels or bathtowels.
- Make them into curtains. See how.
- Recover a changing table cover with a big bath towel.
- Sew them into hot pads for your kitchen. See how.
- Recover your dining room chairs. See how.
- If the tablecloth is stained, cut around the stains and make napkins and/or placemats.
- Make it into a throw pillow.
- Replace the fabric in a folding screen.
- An unstained one would make a great shower curtain (with a plastic liner, of course).
Picture that perfectly illustrates my point courtesy of www.nailseacourt.com.
Inspiring! Makes me want to dust off my sewing machine.