You know what chores I hate, hate, hate doing? Running errands, meal planning, and grocery shopping. My 5-year-old son promises to build me a robot someday that will do all those wretched tasks for me. While I’m waiting for that to happen, I recently discovered I can call on My Secret Weapon to get the job done.
Allyson Medeles, founder of My Secret Weapon, offers life management for busy moms in the Portland area, which means she will take over those time-intensive, hopelessly boring tasks that generally fall on moms’ shoulders. This includes:
- Personal shopping for gifts, clothes and necessities
- Wrapping and shipping gifts (wow! She will stand in line at the post office for you in the middle of December!)
- Scheduling appointments and organizing calendars
- Writing thank you notes, birthday and holiday cards
- Project management and event planning of kids’ parties, family vacations, business trips
- Running errands, dinner prep, streamlining grocery shopping/delivery
- Moving assistance including hiring movers, calling utilities, getting supplies
I met with Allyson recently and found her to be cheerful, patient and friendly, definitely someone you will feel comfortable working with. Her passion is easing the burden on moms by taking on some of those Extremely Boring Tasks herself for an hourly fee.
Ready to kiss the post office and dry cleaners good-bye? Then be sure to check out her Facebook page for more information, as well as helpful tips for streamlining your own life.