Let’s face it: Some aspects of getting your home organized can take hours, if not days. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were some things you could do NOW to make your home look more organized?
There are some things you can do! Here are a few organizing suggestions for three rooms in your house that take 60 seconds or less. Do one or all of them to instantly make your home look a little more organized.
1. Pick up and recycle all the old newspapers and magazines sitting around. 60 seconds
2. Fold up the throw blanket and put the throw pillows back on the couch. 60 seconds
3. Grab a tray or basket, pick up all of the dishes and cups you see, and put it in the kitchen. 60 seconds
1. Take all of the papers off of the refrigerator and put them in a pile to to be sorted later. 30 seconds
2. Go through the fruit bowl and toss any old or spoiled fruit. 20 seconds
3. Fill the sink with hot, soapy water. 60 seconds. Scrape food off of 5 plates and put into the water. 60 seconds. Gather up all of the silverware, cups and cleaned-off plates and put them in the water to soak (so you don’t have to spend valuable time scrubbing them!) 60 seconds.
4. Open your cupboard and pull out any mugs or cups with logos on them, so you are only left with a matching set. 60 seconds
5. Nest all of your round plastic Tupperware together. 60 seconds. Then nest all of your square Tupperware (60 seconds), then all of your rectangular Tupperware (60 seconds).
6. Open one drawer and throw out any paper napkins, plastic straws, plastic silverware, fast food packets of ketchup or other disposable items. 60 seconds
1. Make your bed. 60 seconds
2. Gather up your dirty clothes and throw into a pile outside your door or preferably, into a hamper. 60 seconds (could be longer for some people, depending on how many clothes they have on the floor)
3. Pull all of the empty hangers out of your closet and group together on the end of the closet rod. 60 seconds
4. Gather up all of the books and put in a laundry basket to go back on the shelf. 60 seconds
5. Put your shoes in the closet. 60 seconds
6. Gather up the change on your dresser or nightstand and put it in a jar. 60 seconds
Wow, that adds up to a lot of quick fixes! One of our professional organizers can create more permanent organizing solutions for you, but these tips are great to get you started on your organizing journey. Happy Organizing!
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get a bid on your project here