This is one of my favorite posts: the annual Christmas List of Non-Toy Gifts to Give Kids. It started many years ago when I found myself in a quandary. As a professional organizer, I DID NOT want to contribute to the toy clutter that so many parents have to deal with. I don’t ever want to give a gift that burdens somebody. So I started brainstorming gift ides that a child would appreciate and find fun. Over the years, many of you have helped me add onto the list–thank you! So once again, please let me know if you think of something I should add to the list:
5. Bubble bath
6. Reusable lunch sack or lunch box with water bottle
7. Alarm clock (after 8 years, Nathan still loves his Darth Vader alarm clock!)
8. Notepads and fun pencils
9. Sketchpad and pens, markers or colored pencils
10. Apron for helping mom/dad in the kitchen
13. Fun electronic toothbrush
15. Cozy blanket
17. Gift certificates for ice cream or frozen yogurt (This is my go-to gift for summertime birthday parties.)
18. Crazy socks, sunglasses or fun hat
19. Hair accessories (yeah, only works for a girl)
20. Movie tickets (That’s a big winner in our family!)
21. Subscription to a children’s magazine like Highlights or Cricket
22. Gift cards to go somewhere like the zoo, Children’s Museum, a concert, a play, ice skating, roller skating, etc.
23. Bath soap crayons
24. Washable paints, brushes and smock
25. Mani/pedi day
26. Walkie-talkies (this was one of Nathan’s FAVORITE gifts, and it’s a huge hit when his friends come over.)
27. New sheets/pillowcases for their beds with their favorite characters on them
What other fun, useful NON-TOY gifts can you come up with for a little kid? Post them in the comments below!
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram or Pinterest. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here.