Since 2008, our clients have been at the heart of everything we do here at reSPACEd. Whether it’s seeking out more education so we can come up with even more innovative strategies for individual clients, or taking the time to listen closely to a client’s story about their possessions, we want to show our clients that we love them and appreciate them at every organizing session. Here are 9 ways we show our clients we love them:
1. We work at the client’s pace, so clients don’t feel overwhelmed. Sometimes this means slowing down, and sometimes it means speeding up. We are happy to adjust accordingly.
2. We ask permission before touching anything, opening any cabinets or drawers, or walking into other rooms. We are acutely aware that we are guests in your house, and we want to respect your personal space by not prying.
3. We ask and remember your dog’s name. And your cat’s name. And all of your kids, roommates, and everyone else in the house. We want to understand who and what you value, so if it’s important to you, it’s important to us.
4. We show up on time (never early!) and we leave on time. We know your time is valuable, so we work efficiently to make sure we finish up the session at the agreed-upon time.
5. We don’t pressure you to get rid of things. We know it’s hard — really hard for some of you — to let go of things, so we never resort to badgering, nagging or guilting you into letting go of things. It’s important to us that you feel comfortable throughout the organizing session, which means we let you have the final say about what stays or goes.
6. We use various strategies to keep organizing sessions from becoming too overwhelming for you. For example, we might box up individual boxes of clutter and take them into a more relaxing, less stressful room to sort through. Or we might do a preliminary sort without you present, in order to eliminate some of the cognitive work for you.
7. We keep your identity and the details of your project confidential. We don’t post your pictures on social media, we don’t post about your project on our blog without your permission. We respect your privacy.
8. We check in regularly with our clients throughout the organizing session to make sure we are working at the right pace for them and meeting their goals. This allows us to shift direction quickly if the client needs the process altered somehow.
9. We remember you and check in with you after your project is finished. We want to make sure that the organizing session was a positive experience for you and that it has resulted in meaningful changes in your life.
If you are ready to get organized, but have been hesitant to reach out for help, please know that we at reSPACEd care about you and pledge to make your organizing project as easy, effective and stress-free as possible.
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram or Pinterest. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here