Sometimes, when facing a huge, cluttery mess out in a garage or basement, self-doubt can arise and it can be tempting to ask yourself, “WHY am I doing this again?” You know it will take hours to organize the space, so why expend all that energy? I can promise you that your life WILL improve after you put in the work to get organized. You are definitely not wasting your time. Here are the 10 ways your life will be better after getting organized:
1. You will be able to find things so much easier when it’s organized. No more hunting through stacks of papers or drawers of clutter. When you’re organized, there’s a home for everything and far fewer places where things can get lost.
2. It will be so much faster to clean up after you are done. Think of a pegboard wall in a garage: After you finish your home repair project, you just take all of the tools and hang them back up on their pegs on the walls. It takes just seconds to put things back in their homes.
3. You won’t feel embarrassed to have people over anymore. This is one of the Number 1 reasons clients tell me they reach out to us: They are tired of feeling embarrassed about having people see their cluttered space. Once you’re organized, you don’t have to worry about the unexpected guest popping in.
4. You will have the space (and confidence!) to host parties, dinners and get-togethers now. Have you always wished you could host fabulous parties or even just have a few friends over for dinner, but felt like you didn’t have the space in the dining room or the room in the kitchen to cook? When you get organized, you will feel more comfortable hosting and may find that your social life brightens up.
5. You will save money by not buying duplicates of things you already have, but couldn’t find. If you know what you have and where to find it, it’s easy to retrieve it when you need it.
6. It will give you a sense of self-pride. Most of my clients report how GOOD they feel after getting organized, and how they keep finding reasons to “visit” their organized space after we get it organized for them. Many of them even post pics of their newly organized space on social media afterward, because it feels so good to collect all of those “way to go!” and “congratulations!” comments. Feeling more self-confident is my favorite reason for getting organized.
7. You will feel calmer and more relaxed. Science backs this up. Remember how relaxed you felt the last time you checked into a perfectly clean and uncluttered hotel room? Your room in your house can give you the exact same feeling once we get it organized.
8. It will be more fun to do hobbies, because you have the space and can find all of your supplies more easily. Clients often tell me they experience a burst of creativity after we organize their art studio/craft space, and I think it’s because their minds are free to focus on their art instead of getting bogged down in all the “shoulds” and “ought to’s” when they enter their craft space.
9. You will fight less with your spouse or kids over the clutter. This is another one of the most commonly remarked-on benefits of getting organized I hear from other clients. No more arguments over whose stuff is sitting out or who should be responsible for cleaning it all up. More harmony in the house = better relationships with your spouse and kids.
10. You may even feel inspired to tackle other problems in your life after conquering the clutter in your room. I have had clients lose weight, pay off debt and tackle those long-neglected household projects after feeling the success of getting their home organized. It’s amazing how energetic you feel when you aren’t being weighed down by clutter!
If you are ready to experience the benefits of getting organized, then we would love to lend you a hand! Happy Organizing, everyone!
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram or Pinterest. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here.