Hiring a professional organizer may seem like a luxury for some people, but it is definitely a necessity for others. Here are 7 situations where you probably need a professional organizer’s help:
1. You have been disorganized your entire life, and it’s affecting a major area of your life, like your marriage, your job, your finances or your mood. You need to make some major changes stat to prevent something bad from happening to you.
2. You have tried many times to get organized, but nothing ever seems to stick. You have read countless books and blogs, listened to podcasts and watched organizing shows on TV, but you can’t seem to apply those organizing methods to your own life.
3. You have a hard time getting started on your organizing project, because it’s just so overwhelming and/or you just don’t know where to start. Every time you look at the room that needs organization, you want to avoid working on it for another week.
4. You have a disability (mental, physical or psychological) that makes organizing very difficult or almost impossible for you. For example, you can’t see well, lift things very easily, or focus for long periods of time. You are in a wheelchair or you tire really easily.
5. You need an outside perspective on what to keep or discard. Friends and family seem biased in this area and either want you to keep it all, give it to them, or throw it all away. You just need someone who can be objective about all of your stuff and the space.
6. You don’t know how to organize, how to set up the room to use the space most efficiently or what kinds of storage products to buy.
7. You are up against a deadline, such as a move, and you need to get organized quickly, efficiently and effectively. There’s no time to quibble over what to keep or discard or what kind of basket will work best in the living room. You need to get organized, pronto!
If you are facing any of these scenarios, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us here at reSPACEd for help with your organizing project. Christy, Maia and I pride ourselves on our friendly, non-judgmental approach to all of our clients, and we would love to lend a hand.
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram or Pinterest. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here