If you are as anti-clutter as I am, the idea of giving a holiday gift that will just sit and take up space in the recipent’s home is abhorrent (I’m talking about YOU, figurines and so-called “collectables”!) So I have compiled a list of gifts you can give that won’t clutter up your loved one’s home. Some of them are experiences of time, while others are gifts that can be used up or consumed:
1. Passes to the movies, museums, etc.
2. Gift certificates for manicures, pedicures, massages
3. Box of high-end chocolates
4. Gift certificates to their favorite restaurant or coffee shop
5. Donation to the charity of their choice (One year I donated to the local Humane Society as a gift to my Grandma. It was by far the best gift I have ever given her, judging by her reaction.)
6. Fruit basket or basket of gourmet goodies with a theme such as finishing salts, barbecue rubs or jams and jellies
7. Gas cards, prepaid phone cards
8. Family memberships to the local zoo, children’s museum, science museum or fitness club
9. Gift certificate or homemade coupon for lessons. Example: foreign language, cooking, baking, sewing, woodworking, gardening.
10. Homemade gift certificate for a weekend at Grandma’s or a trip to the beach
11. Tickets to the circus, Disney on Ice, or a concert
12. ITunes cards
What other anti-clutter gifts can you think of? Post them in the comments section below, so we can all benefit from your wisdom!
Image courtesy of George Deputee at Flickr.