If you live in an apartment, condo or small home, you know how important it is to make the most of every square foot! Here’s how to do just that:
1. Make your decor work for you! Storage ottomans at the foot of the bed, coffee tables with shelves, end tables with a drawer or two — see if you can find furniture that allows you to store things.
2. Use tall bookshelves that are about 12” deep. This way, you can store not only oversize books on them, but also boxes filled with office supplies, craft supplies or memorabilia. And the taller the better for getting those boxes of memorabilia out of the way.
3. Make use of the back of the door. Over-the-door organizers are an inexpensive way to store extra shoes, toys or toiletries. For a little bit more money, you can install an Elfa door organizer with adjustable hooks or bins for the inside of a pantry, bathroom or broom closet.
4. Look for extra spaces to install hooks and shelves. Can you install shelves over the doors? Can you place hooks near the front door or back door? Look for underused wall space, especially vertical wall space.
5. If you have an underused closet, see if you can turn it into a home office or craft space by removing the doors and placing a desk in there. Pegboard on the wall makes for a handy place to store office or craft supplies.
6. Finally, it probably goes without saying, but make your stuff fit the space you have instead of the space you wish you had. The simplest and least expensive organizing solution is always to get rid of excess stuff and live with less.
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here.