Follow Respaced Portland on FacebookRespaced on Twitter

How to store all of that Christmas wrapping paper — in kind of a weird place

by respaced on December 5, 2011

What do you think of this idea to store your wrapping paper on the ceiling of your closet? I love how it’s very DIY friendly, takes advantage of a seldom-used space (seriously, what else are you going to do with the ceiling in your closet??) and it won’t give you a concussion if it all falls on your head. I’d love to know what you think of this idea. Please share with us in the comments below.

Image courtesy of Pinterest.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Angel Sheffield December 5, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I absolutely love this idea… I have one of those store bought wrapping paper hangers that’s suppose to keep it all organized, but I’ve run out of room now that the Christmas paper is in the mix. It had plenty of room for the 4 rolls of birthday paper I keep on hand, but the Christmas paper had to be stuffed in the corner of the closet where it got ripped… I’ll be working on “installing” this in my closet this week! Thanks!

respaced December 5, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Great! I’m glad you found it helpful. Let us know how it works for you, both installing it and using it. I always love being able to pass on zero-cost, DIY organizing solutions to clients, but only if they actually work!

andrea December 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Awesome idea. I wonder what else I could put up there….

respaced December 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I know, I was thinking the same thing. Let me know if you come up with something! Thanks for commenting.

Jo December 6, 2011 at 3:28 am

Love it! Our wrapping paper is currently in a nice long under-the-bed clear bin. This is great!

respaced December 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Glad you love it. Under-the-bed storage is a miracle-worker for so many people and is perfect for stuff like gift wrap. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Tami August 21, 2012 at 2:23 am

Great idea! I live in a small apartment and closet space is non-existent. I have gift wrap in three different locations and I often forget what I have and buy duplicate items. Do you recommend using wire or string?

respaced August 21, 2012 at 2:51 am

Hi Tami, I would definitely use wire, not string. String can stretch over time, leaving you with rolls of wrapping paper scraping the top of your head in your closet. 🙂 Send me a picture when you get your giftwrap all strung up, and I’ll post it on my FB page! Thanks for reading and commenting!

Julie December 31, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Definately going to give this a try. Storage space is at a premium in our house and the wrapping paper is currently taking up some.

respaced December 31, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Hi Julie. Yes, do give it a try! Wrapping paper is so awkward and so easily bent and wrinkled that it’s hard to find a place to store it that leaves it protected but still accessible. Send me a photo when you get it all finished and I will post it on my blog! Thanks for reading and commenting.