Home organizer or professional organizer: Whatever you call us, our profession still isn’t very well known. Most people have never hired an organizer, so it can be nerve-wracking knowing what to expect as we work in your home. Here is what it is like to work with a reSPACEd organizer:
- Before we do any work together, I will come to your house for an initial assessment so you can meet me and make sure I am a good fit for your project. I will take the time to answer all of your questions about how we work, what to expect and what our policies are.
- I will give you a estimate for your project so you will have an idea of how many hours it will take to organize each room and how much it will cost. I have been writing up these estimates for 10 years now, so they are usually pretty accurate. We don’t want you to be struck with sticker-shock at the end of your organizing project!
- From the moment we step into your house for your first organizing session, we will treat you with respect, honor your wishes, maintain a clean work space, and keep what we see, hear and do confidential. We realize it’s a bit uncomfortable and awkward at first to have a stranger go through all of your personal belongings, so we make a big effort to be as respectful about this process as possible.
- During the organizing sessions, we explain the process every step of the way. We work at your pace so you don’t feel rushed. We remind you to take a break every hour to drink water and eat a snack if you want. And if you start to feel stressed, we adjust our tactics to make the organizing process easier on you.
- Throughout the organizing session, you have the final decision about what happens to all of your stuff. We won’t force you to get rid of anything you don’t want to. You have the final say about what lives in each room of your house.
- At the end of the session, we will leave about 20 minutes to clean up. We will dump the trash and recycling, get your bags of donation loaded up, and move things into a tidy staging area if we didn’t finish organizing the space (most rooms take 2-3 sessions to organize). We will talk about next steps to take, products to buy, and schedule the next session, if needed. We promise to not leave you with a mess!
We know it is an investment of your time, energy and money when you hire a home organizer, and we never forget that. It is with gratitude and pleasure that we work with you in your home, bringing order to your space. We love what we do, and we love working with you, our clients!
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get a bid on your project here