You may think hiring a professional organizer (PO for short) is a luxury you can’t afford. But there are six situations when hiring a PO becomes more than a luxury; it becomes a necessity:
1. When your clutter is so overwhelming, you don’t know where to start. At this point, you have probably stopped using a corner or an entire room because there is too much stuff to use the space for what it is intended. You feel overwhelmed just looking at it.
2. You have limited time and need to get organized by a deadline. A PO will have methods for decluttering and reclaiming your space that will drastically speed up the organizing process. You will get organized much faster with a PO than if you were to go it alone.
3. You are easily distracted and have a difficult time finishing what you start. A PO is more than a space-clearer. She is also a coach who will keep you on task and help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. She will inspire you to keep going and support you through the tough decision-making you may encounter.
4. You can’t decide what to keep, toss or donate. You’ve been putting off making some tough decisions and could benefit from a neutral, objective perspective.
5. You are dealing with physical, neurological or psychological issues that make organizing extremely difficult. There are POs (like reSPACEd organizers!) who specialize in working with people with certain conditions such as ADHD, compulsive hoarding, OCD and more. A good PO will help you find an organizer who can meet your needs, even if that organizer is not her!
6. You are going through a transition in your life such as a divorce, death in the family, downsizing, foreclosure or relocation after several decades in the same house. I don’t recommend taking on an organizing project when you’re in the middle of such extreme stress. But sometimes you have no choice. Under those situations, a PO is essential.
Fortunately here at reSPACEd, Christy, Maia and I have many years of experiencing working with clients in all of these situations. We know how to make your organizing project go quickly, effectively and as stress-free as possible. Give us a call to see how we can help you reclaim your space and time today.
Like this post? Then like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram or Pinterest. In need of professional organizing services in the Portland, Beaverton or Lake Oswego area for your home or office? Contact us for a low-cost assessment and get an estimate on your project here.