Let’s face it: Some aspects of getting your home organized can take hours, if not days. Sorting through all of your belongings in your basement or garage might take an entire weekend. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were some things you could do NOW to make your home look more organized?
There are some things you can do! Here are a few suggestions for three rooms in your house that take 60 seconds or less to do. Do one or all of them to instantly make your home look a little more organized. I will post more 60-second suggestions for different rooms of your house on Monday:
1. Pick up and recycle all the old newspapers and magazines sitting around. 60 seconds
2. Fold up the throw blanket and put the throw pillows back on the couch. 60 seconds
3. Grab a tray or basket, pick up all of the dishes and cups sitting out and put it in the kitchen. 60 seconds
1. Take everything off of the refrigerator and put it in a pile to to be sorted later. 30 seconds
2. Go through the fruit bowl and toss any old or spoiled fruit. 20 seconds
3. Fill the sink with hot, soapy water. 60 seconds. Scrape food off of 5 plates and put into the water. 60 seconds. Gather up all of the silverware, cups and cleaned-off plates and put them in the water to soak (so you don’t have to spend valuable time scrubbing them!) 60 seconds.
4. Open your cupboard and pull out any mugs or cups with logos on them, so you are only left with a matching set. 60 seconds
5. Nest all of your round plastic Tupperware together. 60 seconds. Then nest all of your square Tupperwear (60 seconds), then all of your rectangular Tupperwear (60 seconds).
6. Open one drawer and throw out any paper napkins, plastic straws, plastic silverwear, fast food packets of ketchup or other disposable items. 60 seconds
1. Make your bed. 60 seconds
2. Gather up your dirty clothes and throw into a pile outside your door or preferably, into a hamper. 60 seconds, for some people depending on how many clothes they have on the floor)
3. Pull all of the empty hangers out of your closet and group together on the end of the closet rod. 60 seconds
4. Gather up all of the books and put in a laundry basket to go back on the shelf. 60 seconds
5. Put your shoes in the closet. 60 seconds
6. Gather up the change on your dresser or nightstand and put it in a jar. 60 seconds
Wow, that adds up to a lot of quick fixes! Check back on Monday for 60-second suggestions for your kids’ rooms, bathroom and office. And if you have more suggestions, let us all know in the comments below.
Like this post? Then please consider voting for this blog, reSPACEd, to win Red Tricycle’s Most Awesome Local Blog award. Click here to vote. Thanks and let the good karma flow!