Are you wondering if there’s a way to display Christmas cards other than in a stack on the dining room table? Here are a few ideas:
1. If you have a metal fireplace exterior, take tiny magnets and line the cards up in a row all around the fireplace, putting the magnets inside the cards so they’re hidden. (Note: I don’t recommend this method if you have babies and toddlers underfoot.)
2. Use small binder clips to clip them all around the outside of a wreath. Tuck the clips under the greenery to hide them.
3. Use double-sided tape to tape them to the wall one-above-the-other around an entrance way. We have an arch between the living room and dining room, and they kind of remind me of a garland when we line them up along the edge.
4. Tuck them around the inside edges of a big display mirror.
5. Tie string just below one end of the fireplace mantel to the other end of the mantel, and hang the cards that open horizontally over the string. Again, this gives you a garland effect.
6. If you don’t have a lot of ornaments, punch holes in the cards, thread them with ribbon and hang them like ornaments on your Christmas tree. If you want something a little more whimsical and you don’t care about keeping the message inside the card, cut the card pictures into the shape of stars, circles, etc. and then hang them.
My thanks to Amy Drews of SimplyFine Design for inspiring this post!